International Experience: Senator Biden is a long serving member of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee and serves as chair in the 110th Congress. He is considered one of the Democratic Party's leading voices on foreign policy. And his assignment on the Senate Judiciary Committee has given him experience on immigration, citizenship, and international narcotics regulation.
Foreign Policy Positions: Biden voted in favor of the Iraq War resolutions but has since said the Bush Administration misrepresented the case for war, and he called for Congress to repeal the authorization to use force in Iraq. He has spoken out on energy independence and security. Biden has called for NATO action to end the genocide in Darfur, and he has advocated stronger U.S. action on global climate change.
For the last Congressional term, Citizens for Global Solutions gave Senator Biden an A+ rating on his foreign policy positions.
- Joe Biden's Middle East Policy, from the About.com Guide to Middle East Issues
- Sen. Joe Biden on Authorizing War on Iraq, from the About.com Guide to Middle East Issues
- U.S. Senator Joseph Biden of Delaware, from the About.com Guide to Liberal Politics
- Obama Picks Biden, from the About.com Guide to U.S. Politics
- Obama's VP Pick? Joe "Big Mouth" Biden, from the About.com Guide to Conservative Politics
- Biden on the Iraq War, the War on Terror and Homeland Security, from the About.com Guide to Terrorism Issues
- Is Joe Biden a Women's Issues Advocate?, from the About.com Guide to Women's Issues
- Joe Biden on Energy and the Environment, from the About.com Guide to Environmental Issues